Bus Driver

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bus Driver

Post  Author101 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 pm

My mom took me to school that day, because she had to go out anyways. Raegan, however, didn't come, because he wanted to ride the bus to talk to his friend, Marc. When we got to the school, there was a huge line, so I got out at the front of the parking lot and walked so my mom could get to work on time. Of course she didn't know that she wouldn't be there long.
Sooner than I thought it would take me, I'm at the front door of the big, brick school. Right as I reach out to grasp the rusty, brass handle, blood-curdling screams fill every part of my small ears. Surprising myself as well as the few people near me, I let out a girly scream as I turn to see what is happening.
What I see is the most horrific thing I have ever witnessed in my whole life. I stood, rooted to my spot on the cement, as I watch the bus spin out of control, hit a nearby light fixture, and give out as it tips over on it's already dented,yellow side. I recognize it immediately as bus 361. The bus that my brother Raegan is on right now.
That is when the realization of it all smacked me right in the forehead. I spin around, fight through the small doorway, and run all the way to the gym, my bookbag bouncing about on my back as I run and pant, run and pant. Almost out of breath, I burst through one of the two gym doors. Pushing people out of the way, I drop my bookbag on the floor by my friends sitting in the bleachers, so I can run even faster to the coaches sitting quietly on the dusty, old stage. I can hear my friends yelling at me through the noise of a bunch of sixth and seventh-graders.
"Blu! Blu! Come back!"
"What are you doing? What's wrong?"
"Hey! Wait a second, Blu!"
I really wish I could stop to answer them, but there is no time. Stopping when I reach the gym coaches, I manage to sputter, "Bus...crash..help...." I can't go on; I'm completely out of breath. They get the message. Thank the Lord!
All of the coaches run out to see what's going on. The loud voices in the gym cease to a humming of whispers as I sink to my knees, gasping for air. One friend after another jog over to me, asking if I'm alright. I don't answer any of them, that can wait for later, and rise when I catch my breath, only to waste it all agan by bolting out into the side parking lot.
It isn't pretty. Police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks are everywhere, and I can just barely see the back tip of the bus. I stop and let out a choked cry as medics take out crumpled bodies, one by one. Raegan comes out, looking even worse than most of the others. "Tough it up. You can't cry now. You have to get to him. Help him." I think to myself, trying not to fall down and weep right there on the sidewalk.
Tons of curious kids follow me as I make my way around the many people and cars. "I'm almost there..." I think, when a police man jumps up in front of me.
"You folks need to stay right here, please." A gruff vioce tells me from behind a bushy mustache. I don't reply, just turn around as if to go. "Sike!" I think proudly in my head. I whip around and duck under his huge, tree-trunk of an arm and shoot through the crowd of more and more people trying to grab and hold me back.
As if to add to my terrible dilemma, they're beginning to rush Raegan into an ambulance. This forces me to focus even more on getting to him, and I hop up and slide over the tops of cars that are in my way. Even though I feel bad because of all the frustrated people and other commotion I've caused, I can't slip up now. My footing naturally perfects itself after each jump, which enables me to run fast, even with all of the obstacles I approach. Now I'm glad my mother made me try track and ballet!

Last edited by Author101 on Wed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

Author101
Admin

View user profile http://author101.your-talk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bus Driver

Post  jlsprague2 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:09 pm

What happened next?!
Btw, great name in the story.
And if you are going to continue with this story, you might want to elaborate more with the bus tipping over.
-Jesse

jlsprague2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qelo on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Interesting proposition. I want the scene where she meets the bus driver really sad. I want to cry! Also j, go to my website- ninjawars.forumotion.com please join. Author 101 is in it.

qelo

View user profile http://ninjawars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsprague2 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:18 pm

qelo wrote:Interesting proposition. I want the scene where she meets the bus driver really sad. I want to cry! Also j, go to my website- ninjawars.forumotion.com please join. Author 101 is in it.
I'll go to the website.
But "J"??? Why? My name is Jesse.

jlsprague2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsprague2 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:18 pm

jlsprague2 wrote:
qelo wrote:Interesting proposition. I want the scene where she meets the bus driver really sad. I want to cry! Also j, go to my website- ninjawars.forumotion.com please join. Author 101 is in it.
I'll go to the website.
But "J"??? Why? My name is Jesse.
I just went to ur website. No thanx.

jlsprague2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qelo on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Isn't know if you wanted your name on the interwebs

qelo

View user profile http://ninjawars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsprague2 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Please rephrase that sentence and make it readable?

jlsprague2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top